Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Advocate

In life it is important to find a passion, something that you stand for that you believe in. That passion often becomes part of us and makes up even more beautiful as we search and learn about that passion. I have several things that I'm an advocate for. Many of my friends and family are Diabetic. My mother, my father was before he died, then my best friend is, and then I worked with a diabetes coalition for almost a year. Everything about what I've done with the coalitions has made me an advocate in this. I myself am not diabetic but I do stand for the cause. I also stand for those with Cancer. My father died of Leukemia and I believe it is important to stand for those that may not be able to stand themselves. I'm an advocate for girls who don't see their beauty and for people that get bullied. I was a teenage girl- I remember what it was like. Not to mention I STILL struggle with low self esteem. Then with the bullying thing- I lived through that from elementary school all the way through college. I was cyber bullied in high school just as cyber bullying was being discovered. I'd never even heard of it till it happened to me. I stand for these causes because I'm a survivor of the effects they bring on others lives. But the one thing that I'm an advocate for the thing that completes me is- being an advocate for ACCers. ACC stands for Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum. It is a disorder. One that I was born with. People with ACC range from different things. Some of them cannot walk, or even talk. While others can do all of that, and function almost normally. But ACCers need a voice. When I found out about my ACC when I was 20 I decided that I wanted to speak out or ACCers. Be someone that can help them- be an advocate. What did I gain by becoming an Advocate? confidence, courage, compassion, and more. These things add beauty to a persons life. Because I am passionate and compassionate I am beautiful the way that I am. So far we've talked about radiance and being an advocate as two important parts of being beautiful the way they are. I encourage you to be an advocate for something or someone and if you already are then... well... "Rock it, Poppet!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGtN04X07lA

No comments:

Post a Comment